Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MDJ Creations review/swatches *picture heavy!!

Hey everyone! Today I have some amazing polishes from MDJ Creations to show you! I'll give a description to each polish as we get through them. There are 7, so this will be picture heavy!


First up we have April Showers, 3 coats plus topcoat

"April Showers" is part of the spring collection- has spectraflair, some barely there micro holo glitters, and is in a soft hue-blue. It has 2 counterparts to the collection (May Flowers & Flower Blossoms)



 Next is Black Opal, 1 coat over white plus topcoat.

"Black Opal" is part of the gemstone collection- It has a black glitter mix with Rainbow color shifting flakies, black holo dots, silver holographic glitters in a clear base. 


 Then we have Bored Is Not In My Vocabulary, 1 coat over black plus topcoat.

"Bored Is Not In My Vocabulary" is a very fun glitter topper w/various pink & purple glitters & features magenta violet holographic dots, all suspended in a clear jelly base

 Here is Night Lights, 2 coats plus topcoat.

"Night Lights" is a charcoal holo jelly glitter w/glow in the dark pigment- requires charge about 1 min at a good light source to glow. Pigment can dull the shine- so a top coat is recommended. It has spectraflair for a hologram, as well as various holographic hexes & micro glitters. Very beautiful, especially in direct light
Here is is glowing in the dark!

 Next is Fire Opal, 2 coats plus topcoat

"Fire Opal" is the first color in the Gemstone Collection. It has silver holographic shreds, gold shreds, and various other glitters, with a focus on red hexes, a red base w/gold color shift pigment that will show up at different angles. This polish lets you catch glimpses of just what fire opal can look like sometimes! Full opacity is 2-3 coats, with 1-2 top coats for glass like finish

 Then we have Heart Ablaze, 1 coat over yellow plus topcoat.

"Heart Ablaze" features violet holo dots, and is loaded w/various sizes of all holographic Gold, Orange, Pink & Purple, and some micro neon & matte glitter, suspended in a jelly base. Great for layers, plus it's a heavy glitter load. 


 And last but not least is Mountain Climbing, 1 coat over orange plus topcoat.

"Mountain Climbing" is a sheer orange jelly w/various sizes and shapes of glitter, including holographic dots & micro slices


Wowzers! I don't even know where to begin. I though all of these were so gorgeous and unique! I didn't have any problems at all with any of the glitters, I didn't have to fish any out, they are major glitter bombs! They went on so smoothly and dried pretty quickly. The April Showers was so pretty in the sunlight, it is more holo in person than I could capture on photos. I think Fire Opal was one of my favorites, there is so much going on in this polish, but it isn't overwhelming at all, It blends together so nicely. I honestly have nothing bad to say about these polishes, they were perfect to me. 

Pro's;
Gorgeous combos
Dries fast
No glitter fishing
Goes on smooth
Very unique in my opinion

Con's;
NONE!!

Let me know what ya'll think of these in the comments below. Also, don't forget to check out MDJ Creations Facebook Page, and MDJ Creations Etsy Store! You won't regret it, trust me!





Samples were sent for a honest review. All opinions are my own. For more information please see my disclosure policy!









1 comment: